Information Resource Center
The Information Resource Center (IRC) is the hub for U.S. Embassy Monrovia’s outreach programs. The IRC maintains a reference library, offers cultural and educational programs, and coordinates the Embassy’s American Corners.
The IRC is open to the public Monday through Thursday from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. and closed all official holidays.
The IRC works to meet the needs of students, government officials, journalists, researchers, academics, and others. Our resources include:
- Computer Lab with 10 computers for Internet and word processing use;
- Reading Room with more than 1000 books and 40 magazine titles for readers of all ages;
- Research Assistance with access to electric journals and librarian support;
- Audiovisual Room with 42’ TV, 70 DSTV channels, movies and documentaries;
- Educational Advising sessions Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.;
- Weekly Events each Thursday evening, including our Movie Series, State Alumni Meetings, Children's Hour and Speaker Series;
- Special Programs that support education, arts and culture; and
- American Corners offering educational and cultural resources in Grand Bassa, Grand Gedeh, Margibi, and Montserrado counties.
PD | Information Resource Center
Phone: (+231) 077-677-7185, 077-677-7257
Location: 502 Benson Street
Hours: M-Th 12-5PM