Study in the U.S.
Embassy Monrovia provides educational advising services to Liberian students and scholars interested in studying in the United States. Our advising program provides timely, accurate, and unbiased information about all accredited U.S. higher education institutions for Liberians with the academic qualifications and financial resources necessary for studying in the United States. The advising program also includes the following:
- Conducting pre-departure orientation;
- Giving information about (but not administering) U.S. standardized admission tests;
- Working with youth exchange or study abroad programs;
- Helping to form U.S. alumni associations;
- Providing university and college catalogues and on-line sources for admission information;
- Providing sample testing materials for students preparing for standardized tests;
- Undergraduate group counseling sessions, which provide an introduction to the structure of American higher education as well as detailed information on the application process; and
- Individual advising sessions, which help students design and implement their education plans.
Students interested in studying in the U.S. are encouraged to attend one of our Educational Advising Sessions, held each Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the Francis Perkins Academic Advising Room at the IRC.
For information about educational visa categories and applications, please visit the Consular Section's Academics, Researchers & Students page.
Our advising program is part of the EducationUSA network of educational advising centers affiliated with the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. EducationUSA advisers strive to provide accurate, comprehensive, current, and unbiased information on educational opportunities in the United States. We do not endorse or rank any college or university, nor do we endorse services provided by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa procurement.